|Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the Solar Power Business Division of Great Lakes Africa Energy, a power company with its head office in the UK and with operations in Africa. The position is based in Kenya and is responsible for pursuing and developing solar power projects in Africa.
- Collate the estimates of existing market potential for solar power in Africa
- Identify opportunities for solar power projects in various countries in Africa
- Prepare a business plan for solar power and implement strategies to achieve sales, revenue, profit, and market share objectives of the company on solar power
- Analyze industry data, market trends, and impact of changes in external and review/revise business plan as necessary
- Manage the sales process for tenders, pre bid meetings & preparation of project proposals
- Managing relationships with several stakeholders - Government Agencies, Vendors, Partners, Clients among others
- Evaluating technical and commercial feasibility of potential solar power projects or ventures
- Development and Implementation of projects secured on time and within budget
- Identifying potential acquisition opportunities on solar power projects
- A techno-commercial profile with 5-10 years of experience in implementation of power projects, with at least 3 years experience in solar power projects.
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing solar power projects.
- Good project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Good communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, email and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should reach us on or before 15th August 2016.