Location: New York, US
IRC's Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, and corporate & foundation partnerships to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
Senior Director of Creative & Brand
The Senior Director of Creative & Brand will report to the VP Marketing and be part of a senior global team. The role will build and manage a team of highly skilled creatives, designers, copywriters, and a digital production team to support the creative and digital production needs of the Marketing teams and the Revenue department more broadly. The role will support and help drive IRC’s global programme of marketing expansion.
- This team will initially consist of a Creative Director, Designer, Snr. Editor, Copywriter, Director of User Experience, Scrum Master (PM), Front-end developer, Developer and an Image Manager.
- At the heart of this operation will be a test, learn and optimise culture, driven by data-based decision making.
- S/he will be experienced in global creative development and branding for non-profits, for marketing, fundraising and campaigning purposes. A sound understanding of key markets for digital engagement, including, but not exclusively: USA, Canada, UK, Nordics, Japan, Germany, Australia, and the MENA region.
- The role will involve coordination with other IRC offices (currently in UK and Holland), colleagues in Communications, Advocacy and the Field. And will also partner with IRC’s Operational teams (International Programs, Policy and Practice and US Programs) and with HR, Finance and IT services.
- Working with the internal team and/or external agencies to ensure that the creative output of the marketing team at IRC is world class and delivers a consistent brand, engagement and revenue across key target audiences and in markets around the world.
- S/he will support the VP Marketing in ensuring the success of the IRC 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Strategy, specifically the key strategic driver of the PSE Strategy – Best-in-Class Global Digital.
- Lead and build a team of highly professional creatives and digital production specialists
- Work with the VP Marketing and other managers in the Marketing team to develop the images (video) and messaging across large and small fundraising and engagement campaigns which are initially country-specific (USA) and then building to a global digital engagement and fundraising plan, which delivers a positive ROI, to be set by the Senior Vice President Revenue
- Work with colleagues to develop and support field based digital content pilots and programs across all global thresholds where IRC has presence.
- Work with external agencies to refine and develop creative propositions across both fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Work with some leading Corporate brands and influencers to build joint global campaigns, recent partners include: Vevo, Airbnb, Google and Game of Thrones (HBO)
- Ensure that all key target markets globally receive both on brand and culturally appropriate messaging
- Work with the Supporter Development team to produce materials for stewardship and further donor cultivation
- Produce on-brand creative and messaging digital assets to allow the continual testing and iterating across recruitment and engagement (that leads to conversion)
- Work closely with the Director Analytics to ensure that all KPIs are measured, and that creative and messaging are regularly tracked and reviewed to enhance performance
- Support and deliver the frameworks and ways of working that create best support for high quality continual creative and digital innovation
- Work with the team to ensure all materials are on brand and of the highest quality
- Use Digital Labs projects to continually innovate to maximise on medium and long-term revenue opportunities
- Manage the Creative team with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: VP Marketing
- Position directly supervises: Team of eight colleagues
- Education: Bachelor Degree
- 10+ years work experience in modern high performance global digital creative, branding and fundraising environments.
- Understanding of the global digital fundraising marketplace with extensive experience in the creative development of international digital fundraising and engagement campaigns for non-profits
- Proven ability using data to inform and influence decision making
- Demonstrated Skill and Competencies:
- Global experience in digital creative and branding in the following areas:
- Development of concepts for marketing, fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Management of creative agencies
- Data-driven decision making
- Creative look and feel, messaging and user experience testing
- Experience with scrum-based agile project management
- Creates and owns creative metrics and goals to determine what will move the needle
- Proven success in global digital creative and brand development
- Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
- Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in international contexts
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2fgqzBM