To further its goal of creating a true AIDS-free generation, m2m is broadening the scope of its peer-based Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) Model. Built on a an effective, evidence-based Peer Model for Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT), m2m has already integrated Early Childhood Development (ECD) interventions into its model of care and we are moving quickly to expand into facility- and community-based Adolescent Health (AH) programmes and HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programming.The Senior Technical Advisor HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment reports to the Director of Programmes & Technical Support. The position will be based at m2m Head Office in Cape Town, South Africa with local and international travel required.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead programme innovation, including adaptation of evidence- and/or science-based approaches, on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment at head office and country level.
- Provide technical support and guidance on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment issues.
- Oversight of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programming and ensure that project objectives and targets are met.
- Identify evidence-based innovative concepts for seed funding, including reviewing for alignment with global best practices, cost effectiveness, and likelihood of scale-up.
- Lead planning, implementation and rollout of new HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programme areas.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring and capacity building on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment issues.
- Provide guidance on best practices in the field.
- Lead review and validation of technical documents, training materials and policy briefs to meet national and U.S. government guidelines, as well as international standards.
- Lead internal knowledge management of latest HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment developments, publications, research studies and other information being undertaken both in Africa and globally.
- Participate in professional continuing education and skills training, as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Masters in relevant field, including Public Health or other social science field.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ of progressively responsible, professional-level experience on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment issues with at least three to five years’ experience in international or resource-challenged settings.
- Experience with HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services and programmes.
- Experience with U.S. Government-funded programmes, preferred; experience with multilateral and bilateral donors expected.
- Willingness to travel, In-country experience in Africa, highly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical experience in planning, managing, monitoring and advising HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment or general health programmes with HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment being a significant focus or component
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and a strong research or programme development background in HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical knowledge and skills and transform attitudes to improve the quality of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment health services.
- Experience with working with diverse groups of stakeholders such as government, NGOs, philanthropists and private-sector partners.
- Ability to organise, analyse, interpret and utilise epidemiologic studies, programme performance data, and other available quantitative and qualitative HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment information.
- Ability to effectively address complex situations using strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, self-starter, and an innovative thinker who is intellectually curious and has demonstrated “outside-the-box” thinking.
Click to apply: https://www.m2m.org/careers/