The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Training Manager to 1) lead external capacity building through the development and delivery of training programs with strategic partners and 2) building internal capacity of CVT clinical staff to provide such trainings. The goal of the trainings will be to build the partners’ capacity to work with torture and war survivors. The Training Manager will work closely with staff members from all three disciplines (counseling, physiotherapy, and social work) as well as the lead program team to develop materials, organize and deliver these trainings.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East.
Develop external partnerships: Develop key strategic external partnerships to further sustainability goals. This includes contributing to MOU negotiations, providing technical assessments and developing in depth training plans with each partner as well as exploring new training delivery models.
External capacity building: Conduct training needs assessments. Develop professional training materials for the effective delivery of professional trainings that are adapted to the needs of each partner organization. Organize delivery of trainings to strategic partners in Jordan and the region. Work with CVT’s research department to develop evaluation tools for trainings.
Internal clinical training capacity building: Develop capacity of CVT Jordan’s clinical staff to deliver high quality professional trainings through mentoring, live supervision of trainings, coaching and providing formal Training of Trainers (ToTs).
Other Duties: Participate in other program and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. This could include conducting trainings in the region. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Masters or advanced degree in psychology, physiotherapy, social work or related field and required licensures
- 5-10 years of clinical experience including at least 2 years in the field of trauma rehabilitation
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Preference given to Jordanian nationals
- PhD or clinical doctorate in psychology, physiotherapy, social work or related field
- Experience working in the MENA region with local NGOs
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Fluency and written skills in Arabic and English
- Excellent training and facilitation skills and ability to adapt approach to audience
- Proven experience in the development of training programs and materials (for both non clinical and clinical trainees).
- Familiarity with tertiary level teaching and training in the Jordanian context. Experience interacting with academic training programs and government entities preferred.
- Proven experience in training needs assessments; training program monitoring & evaluation
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical skills
- Demonstrated application of interdisciplinary clinical approach
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including cultural sensitivity
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2flCChi