YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
playing a key role in planning and designing WASH programs in line with Action Against Hunger's global strategic position as well as overseeing implementation, ensuring quality, relevance and scaling up of WASH strategy and interventions of the mission, in conformity with Action Against Hunger’s standards and National policies.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Contribute to defining the country strategy as well as the strategy and positioning of the WASH technical department.
- Coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals.
- Oversee the implementation of, and ensure reporting on, programs/projects.
- Guarantee the quality and accountability of projects.
- Ensure the active participation of Action Against Hunger in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral partnerships.
- Team management.
- Promote capitalization, technical development and research within the WASH department.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re a seasoned WASH professional
- You have an advanced university degree in Water Engineering/Construction Engineering/Public Health with experience in water, sanitation, hygiene or related fields.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in WASH programming, preferably in a humanitarian or international development context.
- You can develop & adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
- You are experienced in providing technical support to teams and programs.
- You are experienced in proposal writing and donor reporting.
- You are experienced in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming.
- You have a strong understanding of project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger's appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic and can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
- You possess excellent management and representation competencies.
- You are excellent at influencing and negotiation.
You’re passionate to develop WASH strategies which have impact
- You remain aware of changing humanitarian needs in South Sudan and how these may impact Action Against Hunger's programs.
- You can develop and adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved, integrating innovative approaches to WASH activities.
- You are able to consolidate contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You are willing to work in insecure context.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2eayrUx