About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
FHI 360 seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Bukti Untuk Kebijakan dan Advokasi (BUKA - Evidence for Policy and Advocacy) program in Indonesia. BUKA aims to bolster the use of evidence in decision-making in the policy and public spheres by enhancing the capacity of scientific institutions to synthesize and communicate evidence, increasing public demand for evidence-informed decision-making, and improving the overall evidence-to-policy ecosystem. The chief of party will provide leadership to and oversee implementation of activities that support the program’s goals and objectives.
Availability of this position is contingent upon release of a solicitation (RFA/RFP) by USAID and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate. This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide vision, technical leadership, and management support for the program's scope of work
- Manage country program and multidisciplinary team, oversee project budget and performance, and monitor and deliver project results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with USAID and local counterparts to ensure effective coordination of project activities with relevant ministries and agencies, civil society and private sector organizations, international donor agencies, academia, and other U.S. government-funded initiatives
- Represent the project to donors, partners, and a broad range of external stakeholders
- Leads and directs the development and implementation process for company projects involving departmental or cross -functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Develops proposals and researches sources for funding projects.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Bachelors degree required; Master's degree in a relevant field of science, technology, or public policy preferred; Ph.D. degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience, including five years leading USAID or other donor-funded programs with similar scope
- Minimum five years of experience in Indonesia, including a nuanced understanding and network of relevant stakeholders
- Professional experience in evidence-based policy advocacy and/or institutional strengthening of scientific research institutions; proven success conceptualizing and implementing strategies for effectively moving research into policy and practice
- High level of interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders, including academic scientists, civil society leaders, government officials, and donor representatives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Fluency in English required, Indonesian language skills a plus
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2fEU1Sh