The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) – Finance Section.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Review of proposal budgets with emphasis on Costing guidelines issued by CGIAR, policies and guidelines at institutional level and donor regulations.
- Perform, based on information provided by PMU, timely and accurate upload of project budgets in the financial system.
- Perform high level review of budget versus actuals and recommend ways to address any discrepancies, problems, unacceptable variances or trends.
- Provide agile response to queries from Project leaders and Program Financial Managers on data reflected in the system.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate Financial Reports for submission to Donors, internal and other users in compliance with CIMMYT’s standards, signed agreements and CGIAR policies.
- Validate and process cost reallocations for grant funded projects ensuring adequate supporting documentation and accurate use of categories.
- Validate all financial aspects of projects budgeting and control such as budget realignments and no cost extensions.
- Review donor receivables, ensure timely preparation of donor billings, and make certain that outstanding balances are legitimate and recoverable.
- Process the write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Perform the reconciliation of the balance in the projects and accounts receivables module to the summary level accounting the general ledger.
- Respond to donors queries regarding financial reports (through PMU).
- Close out project accounts (ICC and Account receivables) upon project completion.
- Report to Program Support Manager summarized results of financial review projects.
- Provide support to donor specific audits, internal.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office; Experience and knowledge of MS Dynamics AX will represent an advantage.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- Demonstrated skills and customer care/liaison with suppliers at international level.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a large volume of accounts payable information, and accounts administration and handling a large volume of invoices due for payment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Pro-activity, Time Management, Strategic Thinking, and Problem Solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16174 Financial Analyst, no later than: Tuesday, 22 November 2016.
For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.