The Building Resilient Communities in Somalia (BRCiS) Programme is a 5 years programme funded by DFID and DEVCO and implemented in Somalia by a Consortium consisting of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) (lead agency), Concern, Save the Children, IRC and CESVI. The objective of the Consortium is to enhance resilience of communities and households in Somalia. The Consortium Members have long standing field presence and operational experience in different parts of Somalia, implementing large multi-sectoral programmes (eg. food security, WASH, community development, NFIs, protection, Governance, infrastructure development etc), both directly as well as working with local implementing partners.
The Chief of Party provides overall leadership for implementation and development of the programme and leading the Consortium Management Unit (CMU). Reporting to the Country Director, the Chief of Party is responsible for leading a comprehensive set of activities to increase resilience of households and communities in the programme area. The Chief of Party needs to provide leadership in order to make decision relating to strategic vision, technical guidance, multi-sector development. The Chief of Party guides the Consortium teams, supervises at the drafting of reports and give presentations and speeches in public fora (also high level) to fulfil the diverse technical and managerial requirements of this program.
- Provide leadership, management, and clear strategic direction of the BRCiS programme.
- Provide strategic guidance to the consortium together with the Consortium Steering Committee
- Ensure well-organized planning and implementation of programme activities as well as changes in programme direction as needed.
- Oversee efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
- Provide overall leadership to the CMU and ensure effective functioning of the unit to deliver the BRCiS programme in line with stated goals and objectives
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate successful relationships with numerous stakeholders and partners in the capital city and rural areas.
- Develop staff capacity and guide senior technical staff and programme teams.
- Engage with team members, partners, and beneficiaries at programme sites to monitor progress and revise the programme’s approach as needed.
- Work with donors to ensure that the programme meets desired goals and objectives and to report on progress as well as influence their resilience agenda.
- Ensure that budget projections, spending, and reporting are in accordance with donors and NRC requirements and coordinate programmatic and budget revisions
- Coordinate with the home office to assure programmatic success and compliance with both the cooperative agreement and NRC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise the recruitment of the Consortium Management Unit
- Coordinate and supervise the development of all Consortium procedures (M&E, policies etc.)
- Identifies and supervise the organization of technical workshops
- Contribute to the expansion of the BRCiS Programme
- Liaise with government stakeholders and other relevant players (e.g. OCHA, other consortia, etc.)
- Ensure a proper external and internal Consortium coordination
- Ensure CMU and consortium members staff capacity building and support/backstopping on resilience technical programming issues
- Represent the programme with the donor, different line ministries within the Somalia Government and other international organizations in Somalia and Nairobi
- Ensure adequate coordination of various programme activities with other organizations by ensuring close cooperation with them and regular interactions
- Liaise with identified programme staff of the consortium members in smooth implementation of the programme activities
- Identify key advocacy issues and develop comprehensive consortium advocacy implementation plan
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 7 years experience from working as a senior Programme Manager in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of resilience theory and approach;
- Experience with a range of donors, with specific experience and knowledge of DFID, DEVCO and other major donors;
- Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities;
- Demonstrated experience in logistics, procurement, HR and finance management, including grant compliance;
- Experience in managing and leading programmes within partner networks and / or consortia;
- Strong M&E experience, including in complex programmes with high-profile evaluations;
- Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of implementing integrated livelihoods programming and of enabling the development and strengthening of resilience strategies
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Understanding of Protection Principles
- Previous experience in managing consortia work
- Previous experience in Somalia desirable
- Planning and delivering results
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Duty station: Nairobi with frequent travels to Somalia
- Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
Click to apply http://bit.ly/2dlrv6m