NRC Afghanistan established operations in 2003, and currently maintains four area offices in Balkh, Nangarhar, Herat, and Kandahar Provinces, as well as field offices in hard-to-reach provinces: Kunduz, Khost, Faryab, Sar-i-Pul and Badghis. NRC interventions are based on the humanitarian principles, which are promoted to increase the acceptance of humanitarian assistance amongst target populations, as well as, to facilitate and enable access. Afghanistan is a protracted and complex emergency in which conflict and recurrent natural disasters combine, set against a back drop of the continued return of Afghan Refugees from Pakistan and Iran; the humanitarian context is characterized by multiple localised emergencies, striking communities and populations with low resilience and/or high vulnerability.
NRC is now seeking a Head of Programme in our country programme in Afghanistan to develop and ensure implementation of holistic high quality programmes.
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Development of Core Competency strategies
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Capacity building of all technical staff
- In-country representation
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 4 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Afghanistan
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Click to apply http://bit.ly/2dlrv6m