Want to Help Develop 21st Century Youth?
Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Human Resource and Office Associate
As a Human Resource and Office Associate you will be responsible for managing our Reception desk and assisting the human resources manager in providing an effective and efficient human resource generalist functions aligned with departmental and company strategic goals.
You are expected to successfully implement HR strategy and deliver customer service within the organization. The responsibilities will include strategic partnership and organization design, recruitment and selection, employment equity, salary and benefits management, employee relations, talent retention, performance management, change management, diversity management, skills development, policies and procedures, HR reporting, HR projects and managing staff
Your role will be based in our 2nd Campus, a girl’s only secondary school in Tatu City
Reports to: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Working at Nova means:
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
How will your day to day at Nova look like?
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including administrative (receptionist), talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain human resources records by maintaining applications, résumés, and applicant logs
- Enroll new employees by issuing forms and applications; verifying completion
- Accomplish human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage Petty cash disbursements and reconciliations
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Who you are
- You love people and think, eat, sleep, dream people
- You have I-3 years’ experience in a busy start up or innovative organization that cares deeply about people development. Previous experience in a school would be great but not compulsory
- You have experience with Administration, Recruitment and Systems set-up.
- You have exposure to Business or HR training. This is preferred but not compulsory as passion, skills and experience are the elements that will make you successful in this role
- You have exposure to 1-2 solid internships in well-recognized companies and perhaps 1 full-time role in Administration/HR
- A Bachelor’s degree
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, apply today and we will drop everything to call you. Qualified applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified. All applications should be launched online via http://goo.gl/ZElXxo