|Job Title:||Recruitment Officer|
|Employer:||Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining|
Closing date for applications
The GICHD is a Swiss expert organisation with a global outreach, supporting the ultimate goals of mine action: saving lives, returning land to productive use and promoting development. The major strength of the GICHD is its diverse pool of specialists who bring to the mine action community a wide exposure to mine action programmes and contexts, including politically-sensitive environments, all over the world. This allows the Centre to perform research, identify good practices, improve standards, methods and tools, and serve as the leading multi-lingual knowledge hub for mine action practitioners.
Based at the Maison de la Paix in Geneva, the GICHD is structured with three operational divisions: Risk management, Information management and Strategies & Standards; an External Relations & Policy division as well as a Support & Administration division. Our multi-national teams are specialists in international development policy and programming, demining operations management cycle, ammunition safety management, international humanitarian law and conventions, monitoring and evaluation, support functions in communication, administration, human resources, finances, conference management and project management; and post-graduate junior professionals supporting front-line operations. With sixty women and men from eighteen countries, the GICHD stands a unique and international hub of mine action expertise and shared knowledge.
The Support & Administration division is strengthening its service capacity by opening a position for a Recruitment Officer who will join our Human Resources section. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruitment Officer will primarily take charge of the complete recruitment life cycle for internationally and locally-sourced staff positions,from the junior professionals to the technical specialists and support functions.
Sourcing and recruitment operations
· Provide input and coaching to the hiring managers on writing meaningful job descriptions and the matching profile requirements; write the related vacancy announcements for internal and external advertisement.
· Identify appropriate international and local job boards, digital media or other communication channels to reach the desired pool of professionals and source relevant candidates, including active candidate search.
· Prepare the electronic recruitment platform for each vacancy, manage the incoming applications through the platform, including building a pool of prospects.
· Carry out the first screening assessment of all applications against the profile requirements.
· Assist the hiring managers and other recruitment panellists and monitor their analysis of the applications towards the shortlist for interview, taking into account equal opportunities and non-discrimination principles.
· Design the most appropriate selection process for each recruitment in coordination with the recruitment panel.
· Prepare the interviews with the recruitment panel and participate in each interview as a panellist. Coordinate and carry out the tests, references and other selection methods before/after the interviews.
· Coordinate and consolidate the reporting documentation.
· Correspond with the candidates appropriately at all stages of the recruitment cycle.
· Prepare and present the contract offer to the elected candidate, including information on international mobility and relocating to the Geneva region, as per the staff regulations
· Mainstream our equal opportunities and gender and diversity principles throughout the recruitment cycle.
· Gather recruitment data and present statistics and data analytics on nationalities, gender, sourcing channels or other, from the electronic recruitment platform or other data sources.
· Feed the LinkedIn employer page to enhance the employer branding, in coordination with the HR Manager and the Communications section.
· Improve the website employment page to promote and inform on employment at the GICHD.
. Support the selection process of the consultants roster.
. Support other HR processes as required by the HR Manager.
- Competent in designing and implementing the complete sourcing, assessment and hiring cycle for technical professional functions, support functions and management functions, for local and international recruitment
- Several years' experience in talent sourcing and acquisition, with minimum 2 years as in-house recruiter
- Experienced in coordinating recruitment panels and to enable decision-making by providing the tools and methods in support of the process
- Skilled in using digital media and networks for sourcing and advertising
- Interested and skilled in writing communication material promoting the organisation and the employer brand
- Excellent level of English as a working language, both in written and oral form
- Interest and knowledge in equal opportunities and diversity inclusion
- Service-oriented attitude and inter-personal communication skills enabling effective relationships with the hiring managers, candidates and other stakeholders from diverse cultures
- Education in Human Resources/ Business Administration
- A fluent level of French as a working language is a plus
- An exposure to international non-profit organisation(s) is a plus
- Experience in using electronic recruitment platforms
- Knowledge in data analysis and visualisation
Your application must be presented in English and include a CV of maximum 5 pages, a letter of motivation, your earliest date of availability and any other additional material you wish to present in support of your candidacy.
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from men and women, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs who meet the above profile requirements.This position shall be recruited on the local market.
Apply Now http://bit.ly/2gufX3b