About Global Health Strategies (GHS):
GHS is an international consulting company that specializes in global health and development communications, advocacy, policy research and analysis, stakGlobal Health Strategies (GHS)eholder engagement, and program support. We have a track record of creatively positioning our clients as thought leaders, building broad coalitions and designing smart, effective communications campaigns to advance our clients’ goals. GHS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Nairobi, Johannesburg, and Beijing and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our clients include foundations - including Gates and Rockefeller, NGOs, government agencies, academic institutions and product development partnerships.
We believe we have the best people in the field to do this work. Our work is the most creative, outside-the-box thinking in the industry and its making a difference. Our country-based work is grounded in a deep understanding of the context, the players and the issues. We believe in passion and activism – it’s not just a job for us. In our search for talent we seek those whose work fuses passion and professionalism and we look for unique backgrounds as we believe optimum strategies come from challenging orthodoxy and encouraging robust discussion. Our team is focused on grounding their efforts in evidence and ethics as we believe effective advocacy needs evidence and a powerful moral foundation. We build strong expertise, learn the issues and we seize opportunities as they come.
The Position: Talent Manager
The Talent Manager will be charged with providing an outstanding experience for potential candidates and staff in GHS’s New Delhi’s offices. Reporting to the New York-based Director of Talent and partnering with the local Senior Management Team, the Talent Manager will be responsible for ensuring that GHS’s India office attracts exceptional, diverse talent and receives excellent professional development.
As GHS’s India offices continue to grow, the Talent Manager will ensure that their organizational culture embraces change, entrepreneurial thinking and intellectual curiosity. He or she will partner with the Director of Talent in improving the performance management process, providing professional development, increasing employee engagement, and recruiting exceptional candidates. The ideal candidate will demonstrate passion, creativity and excitement for working collaboratively across cultures and time-zones.
No of yrs. of experience: 6-10 years
Talent Acquisition: Mange GHS India’s talent acquisition process from beginning to end and drive quality hires for GHS roles at all levels. This includes but is not limited to:
- With local Senior Management Team and Director of Talent, create a staffing plan and ensure alignment on position, impact and expectations
- Create and implement a sourcing strategy to meet current staffing needs and build a pipeline for future roles ensuring quality, cost effectiveness and speed
- Organize targeted outreach events to promote the GHS brand and network with potential candidates at leading colleges, universities and partner organizations
- Leverage GHS alumni to further build a talent pipeline
- Organize the interview process and help assess candidate quality, skills and fit to identify the best candidates, while ensuring that staff understands process and is well trained to support it
- Maintain effective relationships with candidates through the recruiting process and support negotiation and offer phase
Talent Development: Partner with Director of Talent to create and implement an outstanding development program that cultivates talent and ensures that employees are develop and thrive. Be the steward of the GHS India’s culture, sparking passion internally and externally and ensuring that it continues to be a great place to work.
Professional & Staff Development: Ensure that the key professional development trainings and milestones for each staff member are met – including the development of a yearly plan to ensure each staff person receives the development relevant to their role and progression
- Constantly evaluate new opportunities and help to facilitate yearly review of professional development paths for staff
- Ensure the recruitment of speakers and consultants relevant to staff interest and growth
Fellowship Program Management: Manage our newly launched global health fellowship program for the organization and coordinate outreach and recruiting events at leading colleges and universities to develop a strong brand and relationship for the program
New Staff Orientation: Manage the “GHS Orientation Program” and the onboarding for new staff ensuring that each new employee has the tools, information and personnel resources needed for success.
- Coordinate with field offices to ensure appropriate consistency to staff orientation
- Staff Development Events: Work with leadership to create strategic “brown bag” series of events for GHS staff and other development events
- Staff Review Process: Work closely with the Director of Talent and Senior Management Team to facilitate the timely administration of the “GHS Annual Review Process”, including training staff members on best practices, and ensuring a sound execution
- Staff Employee Relations: Collaborate with Director of Talent and Delhi leaders to address employee relations concerns and performance issues with thoughtfulness and discretion, as needed
- Human Resource Administration: Manage benefits and compensation program for GHS staff and maintain appropriate human resource databases
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a natural leader with experience in talent acquisition and general management in a high growth, global, entrepreneurial setting. The candidate must have excellent people and communication skills and have a strong presence in order to represent the organization and interact with all levels of candidates. The candidate must be passionate about what they do, be a self-starter with a bias to action and collaborative by nature. While no one candidate embodies all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following attributes and experiences:
- Experience recruiting talented people - both in India and globally - and developing effective programs to support them, ideally in a global organization that is entrepreneurial and fast moving
- Presence and gravitas to be a key strategic partner to the Director of Talent and to influence GHS India’s Senior Management Team on talent issues
- A natural intellectual curiosity and ability to build a strong network of relationships with thought leaders, academic leaders and top university contacts in the space
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with superior organizational skills
- Dedicated to working within the, global health, public health and/or advocacy sector; prior experience in the sector as a team member is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages and personal interests
- Experience in employment law in India
- Experience with compensation and benefits, benchmarking process, and an understanding of international benefits
- Experience using LinkedIn, willingness to learn an ATS and HRIS system with relative ease. Basic MS Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, simple formulas) would also be good. Exposure to Google Drive would be good too but not a must
- Bachelor’s degree , plus additional related college courses or professional training preferred
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and any additional materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (link is external). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Got a question? Contact us on: PTalwar@globalhealthstrategies.com (link is external). Due to the high volume of expected applicants, only those meeting GHS requirements will be contacted. GHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.