Moptions Capital is a Premier a non-deposit taking Microfinance company with a strategic plan for entry into the deposit taking Banking business within a year. The Company offers unique and exceptional services and financial solutions to a wide range of business enterprises. The company is therefore looking for a candidate for the position of Business Development Manager who is self-driven, dynamic, aggressive, agile, skilled and a leader. The candidate shall be responsible for driving the business development agenda, of the company while building, training and leading a strong business development team. She/he will also be accountable for achieving business growth targets, as agreed upon with the senior management of Moptions Capital Ltd.
Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities
- Lead the business development team in the search for new business opportunities that meet Moptions Capital’s growth plan. He/she shall also identify new partnerships that further strengthen the organization’s model proposition, its ability to serve the market and provide additional profitable revenue streams
- Lead the business development team in recruitment of new clients for Moptions Capital Ltd and take deliberate measures thereafter to increase the product holding per client and increase the share wallet. He/ she shall maintain a healthy pipeline of new business opportunities from both prospective and existing clientele.
- Lead the sale of the company’s products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with key decision makers in the targeted organizations and recommending viable solutions. Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market and competitor activities.
- Conduct market research and give recommendations to Senior Management for modification of existing or design of new products and subsequent implementation. He /she shall develop and coordinate company’s marketing activities, prepare reports on market information then advise the senior management accordingly
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant educational workshops, establishing personal networks and benchmarking best industry practices, keep up to date with market research, understand changing market needs and provide input to the Chief Operating Officer for the development of business growth strategy (products, pricing, business models, competition, regulations etc.).
- Build and foster working relationships for the team with key role players such as Finance department etc.
- Take part in recruitment of the business development team. He/she shall also take charge, monitor and manage the performance of the team, provide leadership and maintain a high level of output, integrity and ethical standards
- Manage the day-to-day running of the business development team with a view to provide effective customer service, timely processing of client registration, loan applications, maximizing sales opportunities, and ensuring compliance with laid-down procedures to maintain optimal service standards and control risks
- Develop, inspire, motivate and maintain a strong business development team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and booking staff on formal training in line with individual development plans
- Set and monitor team goals and standards in consultation with the Senior Management and ensure that established TAT and SLAs are strictly adhered to. In this regard, client expectations should be met and preferably exceeded.
- Achieve sales targets by appropriate allocation of budgets to business development team and effective tracking of performance
- Optimize performance through daily monitoring, resources management and implementation of corrective action where necessary
- Coordinate the business development team in acceleration of business growth through sourcing new business relationships and getting repeat business from existing clients
- Reviewing and recommending credit application for approval. This involves reviewing and analyzing Credit Applications including financial statements, management and all risks affecting the borrowing entity. He /She also ensure quality control measures are in place to ensure the registration, application and supporting documentation are validated and are of the highest quality
- Manage the existing Liability portfolio to protect the Lender’s exposure and maximize returns in a manner consistent with Moptions Capital Ltd.’s strategy and in best practice.
- Ensure the credit policy is enforced and adhered to at all levels
- Good general knowledge of payment systems, client profiles (Bureau information such as CRB etc.)
- Resolve credit-related customer complaints referred to by subordinates to the satisfaction of both the customer and the lender.
- Identify customer needs effectively and guide them on appropriate products.
- Ensure that customers are assisted efficiently within the time frames laid down for particular transaction types. He/ should also ensure that customer complaints are resolved within laid down time frames.
- Ensure that customer documents, applications for facilities, security documents etc are completed accurately and timely
- Ensure correct scheduling of staff to meet customer demand
- Prevent practices that would results in reckless lending and lead to customer over-indebtedness
Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional Financial statements analysis, including application of policies and principles for evaluation and management of the risk associated with lending. Able to apply principles in diverse situations
- Sound commercial decision making capability and able to analyze information and data, and draw conclusions
- Excellent presentation skills including exceptional loan underwriting and product proposal development skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, articulate a sales proposition, interact effectively, able to converse with senior decision makers and key influencers with ease
- Be a leader, self-motivated, enthusiastic and a self-starter, able to work under own initiative and deal with a broad range of issues. He/she must demonstrate ability to develop a team from a group of diverse individuals
- Good knowledge of personal or SME/Retail market products and the processes underpinning them, knowledge of the documentation related to industry credit processes and credit delinquency cycles as well as debt collection and counselling processes
- Ability to engage effectively, conduct community outreach and engage with small scale traders, business owners and other market segments
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of the Financial Intermediation, Financial Inclusion and Financial Deepening
- Excellent Interpersonal and time management skills.
- Effective Planning and organization skills, attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to Multi-task and is able to work in a fast paced environment
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and the achievement of objectives.
- Ability to influence internally and externally at all levels.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and good judgment in daily issues and events
- Outgoing and pro-active in pursuit of credit deals with good knowledge of competitors
- Good knowledge of local competitors
Qualifications and Knowledge
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, BCom, or a relevant field.
- At least 5-year experience in business development in banking/microfinance sector with at least 2 in in a management/ supervisory position
- At least part II CPA (K)
- Professional qualification in Marketing such as CIM desirable
- Relevant training and qualification in lending process especially to SME/Retail by a reputable firm.
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and regulatory requirements as relates to MFI institutions.
- Back ground knowledge and work experience in operations and business development in a Microfinance Bank will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (only) to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 4th September 2016. Kindly include your day telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration.
Please don’t send attachments, these will be required later
Moptions Capital is an equal opportunity employer.