About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Mozambique, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision DRC was founded in 1983 and serves more than 110,000 children, their families and their communities across 31+ programme areas.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision DRC growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, International Development or similar. A Master’s Degree in Management, Business or International Development.
- 8-10 years of experience in leadership/management field (3-5 of which should be in an international organization). Management experience of an organization with over 500 national and international staff required.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired: Communication & management skills.
- Significant leadership and management experience in handling complex humanitarian emergencies and country/national multi-sectoral projects is required.
- Evident vision and passion for the poor (particularly the vulnerability of children subjected to poverty and abuse) with a good understanding of the culture history and social context of Mozambique.
- Language proficiency in English and a working knowledge of Portuguese are essential.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 FEB 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org .
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.