|Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project Agricultural Vocational Training Center (m/f)
in Bangui, Central African Republic
The postition is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until February 28, 2019. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
The project's overall objective is to contribute to the social and economic stabilisation of young people and thus reduce migration and crime. To this end, the following three effects are envisaged:
• Young people find new perspectives and lose interest in joining armed gangs
• The very poor level of education and training is clearly improving in theory and practice
• Trained young people can earn a living on their own
As Head of Project you will be implementing a large-scale project financed by BMZ. Apart from managing the program, you will assist the Country Director in program development and strengthening of administrative systems.
• Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe
• Developing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal report and reports to donors
• In liaison with the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders develop, customize and deliver standardized curriculum for the agricultural vocational training for unemployed youth and internally displaced persons
• Prepare Schemes of work/Work plans, Lesson plans and lesson notes, Record of work covered, Learners’ evaluation and progress records, Stock records for all training materials, tools and equipment in the work station
• Design and prepare materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programme delivery
• Guidance and skills development to ensure that learning standards are maintained and improved
• Take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered in the agriculture vocational training center
• Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments to the students
• Develop and explain methods that fairly measure student progress toward student learning outcomes
• Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
• Coordinate the advertisement, interviews and selection of the students to be trained on
• Document lessons learned from training activities, community meeting and assist in preparing training reports
• Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
• Prepare and apply appropriate tools to be used for monitoring and reporting on learners’ progress
• A relevant university / polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects
• Experience with project management of different sectors (Education and agriculture)
• BMZ Donor experience is an advantage
• Excellent communication and writing skills in French, English and German
• Proficiency skills in agricultural teaching
• Experience in training Community Based Vocational skills project
• Hands on- community mobilization
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 21, 2018. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.