|Job Title:||Training and Development Specialist|
|Job Location:||Portland, Oregon|
Information Technology at Portland headquarters coordinates, facilitates, and supports the agency’s use of information and communications technology to improve organizational agility and to achieve agency goals. The IT staff provides planning support and technical assistance to Mercy Corps country programs and collaborates with HQ departments to implement and support the agency's strategic initiatives.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Training and Development specialist will concentrate primarily on creating, administering, and delivering training programs for Mercy Corps’ document management needs. The Specialist will work closely with our Document Management Project Manager to assess our overall training needs and, once those needs are determined, will develop custom training programs that take place virtually but will also involve on-site training in one or more field locations.
The Training and Development specialist will be expected to organize and deliver collaborative sessions using lectures, group discussions, team exercises, hands-on examples, and other appropriate formats. Training should also be delivered in asynchronous forms such as videos/recorded webinars, self-guided instructional manuals, and/or online applications. The specialist will work with our Intranet Services team, our Learning Management System team, and our Internal Communications Officer to select appropriate channels for distribution and collaboration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Improve effectiveness of the Document Management Project through collaborative training process
• Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, and consultations with managers
• Advise and provide recommendations on training approaches
• Collaborate with various internal stakeholders and provide training support to internal projects and initiatives as need arises
• Review existing training materials from a variety of resources and choose appropriate elements to meet Mercy Corps’ needs
• Design and create training materials, including online learning content, exercises, and other course materials
• Deliver training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques
• Monitor and evaluate training programs on an ongoing basis to ensure they are effective and meeting audience needs
• Perform administrative tasks such as managing costs, scheduling trainings, setting up systems and equipment
• Other duties as assigned
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Business Applications Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Broad cross-section of HQ and field staff; IT staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (training and development; education; instructional design preferred)
• Learning Management System experience required
• Excellent knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
• 3-5 years of professional experience in developing and delivering training to adults in a business environment
• Experience working in a multicultural, international organization
• Experience with Google Apps, particularly Google Drive highly beneficial
• Experience in an IT environment highly beneficial
• Experience in a non-profit organization preferred
• Ability to communicate information clearly and facilitate learning by diverse audiences.
• Spanish, French and/or Arabic speaking skills are a plus but not required
click to Apply: http://jobs.jobvite.com/mercycorps/job/o7w72fww