International Portfolio Manager
Want to take that step up in your career with an organisation dedicated to challenging inequality?
At Oxfam, we’re ending the injustice of poverty. For everyone. We confront the causes that keep people poor, like extreme inequality, discrimination against women, and climate change. We work alongside people challenged by poverty, and disasters, to build better lives for themselves.
We are currently looking for a dynamic International Portfolio Manager who is willing to roll their sleeves up and support Oxfam’s development work in the Pacific and across the globe. We need someone who:
- wants to use their international development experience to help Oxfam address the injustices of poverty;
- knows how to influence and advocate to shape policy and practice on issues relating to development, especially in the Pacific;
- is inspired by the challenge of business development to grow our institutional funding channels to ensure we are able to support more people leading transformative change.
We seek a smart, ‘up for it’, development professional who wants more from development roles and is prepared to think outside the box. Someone who delights in teamwork and can also do the heavy lifting when needed. We offer a great opportunity to take your career to the next level in a NGO that has a national and global reach with a supportive culture, strong values and the opportunity to be part of a small, dedicated and hard-working team making a positive difference in our world.
About the role
Your day-to-day could include a range of the following:
- Working closely with country teams and regions on the ground to support the effective design and implementation of Oxfam NZ-supported programmes;
- Providing accurate, effective and timely narrative and financial reporting to donors;
- Supporting our partners to develop funding proposals to increase institutional funding;
- Providing technical advice, strategic guidance and support to NZ, regional and country office teams on issues relating to effective development policy and practice;
- Working with the Advocacy & Campaigns team to progress work on inequality, climate finance and climate migration;
- Being a valued part of a progressive, future-thinking team focused on challenging injustice and inequality, and reshaping the way we think about international development.
You are an experienced development professional, with relevant programming and advocacy experience, gained with a reputable humanitarian or development agency, preferably with experience in the Pacific region. You will be familiar with new and innovative approaches to development, influencing and advocacy. You have experience in engaging with governments, the private sector, NGOs and community groups on a range of development issues, in NZ and abroad. Your experience of working within a range of cultural contexts and through trust-based relationships will be matched by your proactive and positive outlook. Your communication skills will help you build partnerships quickly, and your honesty, integrity and commitment to rights-based approaches will be exceptional.
This will bring you to Oxfam NZ job portal where you can upload your full CV and cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, 21 February 2018.
Oxfam New Zealand is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.