The Regional Channel Manager is responsible for the promotion and execution of the Channels agenda in Africa. They will be required to build working partnerships with multiple business stakeholders within the region to develop, execute and manage our Channels business specifically in relation to; business requirements gathering, business case creation, prioritization and promotion of regional requirements as specified by our clients, commercialization of existing and future channel capabilities creating execution plans to achieve Channel related KPIs in their region monitoring and, where necessary, influencing the regulatory agendas that affect channels across the region
The channels covered within the scope of this role are categorized into internet and non-internet capabilities (Straight2Bank Web and Straight2Bank Access) and mobile money solutions. The Channel Manager’s responsibilities will involve ensuring that the commercialised channel enhancements add value to our clients and also bring in financial benefits where expected.
Important stakeholders for the Channel Manager across the SCB network include Sales, Implementations and Client Management, Group Technology, Operations, Group Audit, Legal & Compliance. You will also be expected to interact with clients to structure suitable channel solutions or to identify key requirements for future enhancements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Product and Sales teams to facilitate the development of complementary channel solutions in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Conduct client research to determine the value of existing channels’ functionality and to also establish future needs.
- Conduct competitor and industry research at country levels and also at a regional level.
- Work with various internal/external stakeholders to provide/translate/design product functionality within our existing channels.
- Act as an effective “voice of the customer” ensuring that local country requirements and client needs are appropriately reflected in global channel capabilities.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of the channels’ effectiveness and performance. Act on data to re-design and re-develop capabilities where appropriate.
- Work with TB Sales, Relationship Managers, Implementations and Client Management teams for the commercialization of new capabilities. Also responsible for managing channel campaigns with these stakeholders.
- Responsible for motivating for channel enhancements, funding and prioritization of country requests with the Central Channel teams.
- Implement a commercialization strategy within the region which encompasses the Central Channel team’s strategy but also addresses country requirements and nuances.
- Establish a roadmap and effective strategy to drive and increase the utilization of our channels by new and existing clients.
- Engage local/country product teams to establish client and regulatory requirements that will form part of the global channels strategy.
- Understand competitive dynamics of the local market (in our presence countries) and identify opportunities to give SCB’s channel offerings an innovative edge.
- Take into consideration local requirements to create channel specific sales support material and client value propositions across the channels with the aim of driving channel utilization and maximizing client satisfaction.
- Broaden our existing product proposition by developing and maintaining a process to include “voice of the customer” and industry research in developing client value propositions.
- Development of local marketing plans in conjunction with Country Marketing and the appropriate product teams.
- Coordinate regular periodic reviews of strategy and channel KPIs. Take necessary action to drive correct negative turns in KPI trends and capture successful activities and best practices to share as appropriate.
- Monitor local industry and competitor trends. Generate appropriate consumer and competitive research activities and subsequent business recommendations for the respective region.
- Create and maintain a database of local materials for reference and Industry Award submissions.
- Adapt the Global KPIs to a country level to monitor the success of the Channels and drive utilization towards the value added services or functionality.
- Help the countries achieve their KPI targets by understanding the local needs and challenges in each country and helping them derive KPI strategies that will drive success.
- Conduct strategic analysis of the MIS covering our Transaction Banking business and the related Channel activity.
- Provide training to internal stakeholders, i.e. TB Sales teams, Local Product Managers, Relationship Managers, Implementations and Client Management teams
- Training will encompass new features and functionality for internet and non internet channels.
- Create material to support training activities that enable countries to manage training within their own jurisdictions
- Create and maintain material for SCB’s Online training on Straight2Bank
- Coordinate best practice sharing sessions across the region
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of Transaction Banking experience – multiple countries experience is ideal.
- A university degree is a minimum requirement (e.g. Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- Previous project, product management and/or implementation experience.
- Prince 2 project management skills
- Experience in strategic planning and execution in a matrix organization.
- Competency in market analysis, sales and revenue forecasting, project planning and management, promotion development, and executing general product strategies.
- Ability to create and deliver effective oral and written presentations/proposals to internal stakeholders and clients (up to a senior level of management).
- Comprehensive solution-oriented thinker when dealing with clients, team members, internal functional departments and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate matrix resources to attain organizational goals and influence without direct authority
- Ability to demonstrable extensive knowledge of current industry and mobile commerce and payment ecosystem trends.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
click to Apply: http://bit.ly/2aSeb4s