Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
People Operations at Bridge
People are at the core of what we do, from the teachers in our academies to software developers building our tech platform – and we do it at massive scale with rapid growth. The People Operations team is the key in unlocking “people potential” towards achieving our company’s goals. We believe in:
- Focusing on operational excellence and execution - we want to make our employees' and their managers' lives simpler, and give them the tools and support to be successful. We must excel first and foremost on service delivery.
- Using analytics/data to drive key decisions and continuous improvement - across core HR competencies like compensation, performance, talent, we believe that an analytical approach will enable us to attract, reward, and retain top performers.
- Aligning with the company's strategic objectives - we are all playing for the same team. The human resources function, along with finance, operations, legal, and other functional areas, should be fully in sync.
About the Role
The Talent Development Manager is responsible for the development, and execution of talent learning and development solutions that support the overall daily business needs and long term goals of the company. Key areas of focus include leadership and talent development, performance assessment and management, career development, workforce engagement and change management. Working directly with Human Resources, Business Unit and Functional Leaders, the Talent Development Manager will identify and plan solutions that align with the business strategy.
What You Will Do
- Identifying training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and recommending opportunities for enhancing talent management practices and processes
- Facilitating and leading projects to design and implement employee performance improvement solutions
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
- Project managing the design, development and deployment of global curriculum
- Recommending and implementing initiatives that ensure and sustain employee engagement and commitment
- Designing and delivering training and individual professional development plans as organizational needs warrant
- Providing thought leadership on effective goal statements, development plans, and feedback conversations, linking them to performance and leadership
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Applying assessment tools and methodologies to implement feedback processes
- Managing execution of leadership development and training programs – venue selection, materials, delegate selection, logistics, pre-and-post application and evaluation
- Identifying process improvements through best practices identification, benchmarking and workforce analytics.
- Serving as Super-User of LMS and performance/development systems and tools; identify and further leverage talent data to support talent decisions.
- Responsible for LMS optimization and the analytics for learning programs including ethics and compliance
- Serve as the primary learning and development contact for employee development and performance
- Strong adherence to systems and process
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with Business Administration and/or Human Resources course specialization, with exemplary academic performance
- Minimum of four years of full-time work experience in Human Resources
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; technologically competent/quick learner
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts, particularly with large numbers of field staff
- IHRM certified
Click to apply: http://jobs.jobvite.com/bridge-international-academics/job/oL3h3fwS