|Job Title:||Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Specialist - Yemen|
|Employer:||The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
· Study ICLA -specific contextual aspects and issues in Yemen and produce strategic and programing analysis/design to initiate ICLA programme for NRC Yemen. Review recommendations from the assessment and formulate an action plan, pending capacity and resources.
· Responsible for the timely and quality development of ICLA strategy, CC macro log frame and projects which promote and protect the rights of refugees, IDPs, host community and returnees.
· Responsible for the delivery of high quality ICLA programme, ensuring that ICLA activities are well integrated and is in line with overall Country strategy.
· In support of the regional ICLA Adviser and the HoP/CD, ensure that the necessary funds and resources are mobilized for the growing ICLA needs. This includes developing proposals and situational reports, etc.
· Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC policies within the ICLA CC .
· Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters/sector coordination, including local authorities.
· Liaise/work closely with the Protection & Advocacy Advisor on formulating & delivering upon advocacy objectives on ICLA.
· Work closely with M&E to develop monitoring and accountability plan for ICLA
· Work closely with the other CCs to ensure a quality and integrated programmatic strategy.
· Responsible for the start-up of the ICLA programme – this includes recruitment of staff, training staff, developing work plans, initiating proposals/reports, procurement, monitoring budgets, etc.
· Responsible for timely and high quality project reports.
· Regular and proactive participation in internal meetings, forums etc .
· ICLA Core Competency (CC) expertise, with a minimum 5 years of experience within ICLA (or similar protection fields) in a humanitarian/ recovery context
· Solid ICLA expertise on household level
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Academy college / University
· Experience with project development, particularly from an emergency and post-emergency phase.
· Able to think strategically and operationally without loosing sight of the objective.
· Adaptable, flexible with the ability to work within a team with diverse group of individuals and groups.
· Strong leadership and project cycle management skills; including management of projects, staff, and budgets.
· Excellent analytical, representation and influencing skills with the ability to convey messaging across diverse organizations.
· Experience in working with donor funded contracts (particularly ECHO, DFID, NMFA, SIDA and UN agencies) and with strong report writing skills.
· Knowledge of the context in Yemen and preferably in other arab conflict settings.
· Experience in capacity building and community mobilization.
· Experience with coordination mechanisms (cluster and sectorial).
· Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
· Duty station: Yemen
· Contract period is up to December 2016 with possibility of extension. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Yemen.
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2aRQISl