All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area.
- General responsibilities:
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Specific responsibilities:
- Represent to all appropriate authorities and act in all official work concerning the Norwegian Refugee Council in South Central Somalia
- Coordinate all of the activities of the Norwegian Refugee Council in South Central Somalia including opening and closing of offices in consultation with the CD
- Take lease or tenancy of any property required or convenient for the activities of the Norwegian Refugee Council in South Central Somalia
- Make legally binding financial contracts on behalf of Norwegian Refugee Council in South Central Somalia as per the threshold limit stipulated on the authorization table.
- Effect and maintain insurances in respect of business and properties of the Norwegian Refugee Council in South Central Somalia
- Effective management of the human resources in South Central Somalia
- Make any payment ,which is necessary or incidental to the performance of his function based on the budget holder authorization limit
- Maintain effective and efficient documentation of all NRC business in South Central Somalia.
- Undertake Official correspondence at area level.
- Manage Area bank account
- Coordinate all area level programme and operational activities
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Duty station: Mogadishu
- Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Mogadishu Office.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2aZ6Cf9