|Job Title:||HR and Operations Manager|
|Job Location:||Nairobi, Kenya|
The position will be based in Nairobi and will ensure the overall delivery of quality services to Pact, Inc. Kenya staff as regards human resource management, operations, logistics and procurement, including maintaining a thorough knowledge of Pact, Inc. Kenya human resource policies and ensuring employee adherence to such policies.
The position will also be responsible for coordinating the procurement and logistics processes for the organization to ensure timeliness, cost effectiveness, efficiency in the process and effective management of goods and services.
II Duties and Responsibilities
The main roles and responsibilities of the HR and Operations Manager will include but not be limited to the following:
Recruitment and Staff Development
· Manage all staff and consultant recruitment processes including, position posting, advertising, short-listing and selection, background checks, hiring
· Organize and conduct induction training sessions for all new employees well as management of staff exits
· Responsible for continuous staff training and development plans i.e. assessing staff training needs and schedule trainings in coordination with staff supervisors and work activities.
· Organize and monitor external training organizations for specialised training programs
· Oversee and coordinate the performance evaluation process
Employee Benefits Administration
· Manage employee benefit plans/programs e.g. Pension schemes, Staff Medical schemes, Group Life schemes, Group Personal Accidents schemes, etc.
· Manage all insurance schemes’ benefits contracts and assure high quality coverage for all Pact Inc, Kenya staff.
· Salary and benefits administration, including; management of all statutory deductions and act as the focal point for any issues arising
· Maintain up to date records of all employee benefits
· Administer the organizations pay policy and ensure it reflects market best practices
· Coordinate staff welfare activities including periodic teambuilding events
· Responsible for confidential management of employee and personnel records
· Maintain staff time sheets and leave records
· Manage contract end dates and ensure staff appraisal is completed for contract renewal
· Prepare and manage consultants agreements
· Responsible for employee guidance and counseling as and when required
· Provide useful and accurate staff data for job evaluation process and reward models
· Manage the disciplinary processes in concert with relevant manager and in accordance with the set guidelines
· Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
Facilitate review of HR Policies and practices
· Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices, and conform to national and regional legislation as well as Kenya Statutory requirements. Policies to include but not limited to: human resource policy, staff development, salary and job grading practices,
· Participate in organizational policy review process and making recommendations as appropriate
· Ensuring Pact Kenya is in compliance with all labor laws, and minimize legal exposure
Staff Safety and Security
· Liase with Country Director and Senior Management Team on security planning, processes, procedures and tools
· Periodic review of Pact Security Manual
· Ensure Compliance with Occupational Health Safety Act
· Ensure all staff have received briefing on country or regional security threats, medical and emergency evacuation procedures
· Ensure security measures are practiced and enforced to maintain as possible a safe and secure working/living environment for staff.
General Support services
· Work as a team member, seeking solutions and sharing successes.
· Represents the interest of Pact Kenya to various internal and external parties providing information and expertise relating to HR and operational issues
· Maintain and keep track of consultancy contracts
Procurement and Logistics
· Undertake periodic review and make recommendations on changes/improvements on the procurement policy.
· Ensure adherence to Pact Procurement manual, donor policies and government legislation where applicable
· Maintain an approved list of contractors and vendor database.
· Undertake effective sourcing of goods and services; compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
· Receive requisitions and register them in the requisition register.
· Draft and obtain quotations/or open tenders where necessary and coordinate the bid selection and award process.
· As Secretary to the procurement review committee, ensure minutes of the meetings are documented and signed by members present within 3 working days after meeting is done.
· Prepare purchase orders and contract documents and ensure they are managed in appropriate manner.
Negotiate supply contracts to secure best value on procurement, formulate supply contracts, and undertake verification of deliveries against purchase orders to ensure compliance in all aspects.
· Track status of requisitions, contracts, and orders and ensure deliveries are done on time; and resolve any issues such as variations on specifications, shortages, missed or late deliveries etc.
· Ensure that all goods received are properly recorded and stored.
· Maintain a system for monitoring performance of suppliers.
· Verify invoices related to procurement of goods and services for processing/payment.
· Ensure proper support documentation of invoices before handing over to finance for payments.
· Maintain an up-to-date and systematic filing system for procurement documents.
· Keep abreast with and keep management informed on government rules affecting purchases and procurement.
· Support project and organisational reporting functions as relevant.
· Participate and lead in progress reviews and reporting as required.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
· Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
· Problem solving
· Decisive thinker
· Proficient in computer applications
· Conversant with donor rules and regulations.
· Good negotiation skills with business acumen are essential.
· Ability to effectively respond to daily changing priorities, with good problem solving skills.
· Mature proactive person with initiative and drive with high level of integrity.
· Ability to observe deadlines and achieve results
· Should be a team player
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Positive change manager and result-oriented personality
How to apply: Interested candidates are requested to send their curriculum vitae to Kenya HR (email@example.com) by 5:00pm on Wednesday 31st August 2016. Due to the urgency of this role, applicants shall be reviewed on a rolling basis