NRC has been present in DRC since 2001 and currently runs operations in the eastern provinces of North & South Kivu, with offices in Goma, Bukavu and Beni. The programme has an annual turnover of approximately NOK 140 mill. (2016). The DR Congo operation responds to populations affected by conflict and displacement in North and South Kivu provinces. Our primary areas of intervention are education, food security & livelihoods and ICLA in order provide legal assistance to individuals while building capacity of local commissions, state and customary authorities. In support of these activities we provide shelter and WASH activities to promote integrated programming, through schools construction, transitional shelters in areas of return, or water harvesting points and latrines.
We are now seeking two Area Managers; for South Kivu based in Bukavu, and for Petit North Kivu based in Goma. The Area Manager will report to the Country Director.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on Core Competency strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects in the area (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports)
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Ensure a management culture, a working and learning environment in line with NRC's values and leadership/management framework
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in DR Congo/ region, an assett
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
- A team player
- Excellente communication skills
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Contract period: 24 months
- Start date: January 2017
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station:
- Goma with 20% travel to the field locations
- Bukavu with 20% travel to field locations
- This is a non family postings. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Click to apply: http://bit.ly/2d1HlCp