Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 Months
The Senior Health and Nutrition Manager will work to contribute and improve the overall Health & Nutrition of the targeted Beneficiaries in the North Area through provision of quality Comprehensive primary health care. The Health & Nutrition Senior Manager will work collaboratively with the SC Yemen health team; Ministry of Health staff and partners to meet the needs of patients, promote healthy behaviours, strengthen health systems and improve access to basic health services. She/ He will work under the direct line management of North Area Manager and is also expected to work closely/coordinate with Health Technical Advisors (Backstop) HQ on technical matters/inputs.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified Health professional MD, Nurse (MPH preference) with at least seven years of relevant experience preferably in primary health care service delivery in the context of emergencies
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of Programme development, including Programme/project monitoring, review & evaluation.
- Substantial experience of developing working relations with government, UN agencies INGO partner's community stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Fluency in written and spoken English and substantial experience in preparing projects proposals and reports to donors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff with proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor.
- Demonstrate skills in resource and staff management/development and the implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, and systems
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions.
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc)
- Language skills: English - preferred language and Arabic - added advantage
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian health & Nutrition
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2cVArgW