Job location: Bukavu, South Kivu, DR Congo
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 17th October 2016
Duration position: 3 year contract
Workhours: Full time (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
French & English speaking Programme Manager.
ZOA has been working in the Democratic Republic of Congo since 2008, supporting returnees, IDPs and the host population in improving livelihoods in South and North Kivu. The consequences of the war continue to affect people's lives. Ninety percent of the Congolese live from agriculture, but the areas under cultivation are insufficient for the population in the Kivu provinces.
In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA's programme.
ZOA is implementing its programmes through local partners, 20 NGOs in 2015. The present portfolio is over Euro 3 million per annum.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the integral management of a ZOA programme and reports to the Country Director of DR Congo.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Overall Management of a ZOA program/projects in DR Congo;
- Membership of the ZOA DR Congo Management Team and contribution to national planning;
- Formulation and implementation of the Programme Plan.
- Master Degree in Livelihoods, Agriculture, Rural Development or related area;
- At least five years field experience in a development country having a background in integrated rural development, water, or food security and agriculture;
- Supervisory / management experience in a similar post;
- Good spoken and written command of French and English;
- Previous experiences of working through a partnership or consortium approach is greatly valued;
- Previous experience in managing DFID, OFDA and ECHO projects is a distinct advantage.
Skills and Attitude:
- Command of operations;
- Organisational sensitivity;
- Planning and organizing;
- Participative leadership;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- Duty station is in Bukavu, DR Congo;
- This can be accompanying post without children;
- R&R conditions apply for this post.
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly below.
CV's of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2dd1hCr