Job location: Goma, DR Congo
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 17th October 2016
Duration position: 3 year contract
Workhours: Full time (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
French & English speakingManager General Affairs
ZOA has been working in the Democratic Republic of Congo since 2008, supporting returnees, IDPs and the host population in improving livelihoods in South and North Kivu. The consequences of the war continue to affect people's lives. Ninety percent of the Congolese live from agriculture, but the areas under cultivation are insufficient for the population in the Kivu provinces. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA's programme.
ZOA is implementing its programmes through local partners, 20 NGOs in 2015. The present portfolio is over Euro 3 million per annum.
The Manager General Affairs is responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in the country organisation. This includes finances, HR, logistics, and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitor and support program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial and HR sections;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level.
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA's worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical and procurement policies and procedures and its compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Bachelor degree in financial management or auditing and HR;
- Experience in managing finance systems and practices in a non-profit environment and influenced by external donor requirements;
- Good command of English is essential and a good command of French is recommendable;
- Experience in general management;
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
Skills and Attitude:
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Alerts the CD and finance manager when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Good communicator.
- Duty station is in Goma, DR Congo
- This can be an accompanying post without children
- R&R conditions apply for these posts
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website at www.zoa-international.com/vacancies.
CV's of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2dafJcY